November 1, 2010

Photobucket


Chloe is 13.

Trick or Treating is great when you are 13.

I remember how cool it felt to roam the streets without mom and dad in tow.

We would plan our route for maximum candy acquisition,


dragging full pillow cases home to separate into piles.

I gave my mom all the Mounds and Almond Joys
and kept the rest.


Photobucket


By age 14,

the boys we met while Trick or Treating,

were more interesting than the candy.

I imagine next year will be the last time Chloe will want to go....

she will be in High School


and that will be a little sad

no more flapper girl or pirate, Teletubby or Disney Princess


just my pretty girl, growing up.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Her costume came out so nice. I LOVE it! She may take a break from trick or treating but once she has kids she can do as one lady here...she dressed up and stuck her basket out with the 8 year olds pointing to the 1 year old in her husband's arms "it's for him." Right.

Marci said...

She looks beautiful!

Chrissy said...

AW... I want Po back!!! :-)

She does look really pretty... and I GUESS it's good that she is growing up and maturing into a beautiful young woman, or whatever. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Chloe looks beautiful.

Happy Halloween!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe