December 4, 2010





Photobucket
August 2009



I just returned from my father's funeral.

It is just too hard to write about.

So I refer to THIS

I am doing ok.

There are so many angles to this thing, it is hard to come to terms with it all.

Seeing my dear mother without her companion is the hardest;
she is living with my sister now.

Hearing dad's voice on his voice-mail is strange.

I have some of mom and dad's furniture in my house,
but it doesn't seem to belong.

Seeing dad in his casket was a true face to face with mortality.
He was handsome and peaceful
and looked like he would just wake up and speak to me.

So I am taking it slow and letting the feelings come naturally.


I really am happy dad is at peace, even a little envious.




3 comments:

michele cabiness said...

I felt the same way about seeing Grandma Freeman after Grandpa died. I just kept expecting Grandpa to come sit by her at church... our row felt incomplete without him.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Brittany said...

I was quiet and emotional today at church. California is becoming associated with too many funerals. I miss each passed relative immensely. I am filled with empathy for both of our grandmas and agree that it feels like loved ones are missing.

Grammie Star Wars said...

Beautiful Blue eyes.

Great love in your picture.

;.)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe