July 12, 2010

Photobucket



We just returned from our trip to Oklahoma!

exhausted from hard work

exhilarated from rewarding results

already missing Brittany and Ili

it was a great trip!

We went to help remodel their bathroom



here are the before shots:

PhotobucketPhotobucket


the door opened to the left, into a wall

the room was so narrow, the counter top was just 10 inches deep

and the carpet was disgusting


PhotobucketPhotobucket


We moved the wall and the toilet back,

using up 2 feet of a closet in the bedroom.

Ili is standing where the toilet will be moved;

Steve is moving the old plumbing.


PhotobucketPhotobucket


gross work, plumbing.

that is mud, by the way, not . . . well, you know.

Steve says you couldn't pay him enough to do this for a living

Ili is glad he has that pilot thing to fall back on


Photobucket


Steve, showing off his handy-work;

he moved the sink plumbing, stubbing out for a second sink


Photobucket


Brittany placing the new tile floor


PhotobucketPhotobucket



what do ya do when sweat is dripping in your eyes?

put on a do-rag, of course


Photobucket



are you ready?

drum roll . . . .


ta daaaaaa!



Photobucket


here it is!

It is very Pottery Barn / Restoration Hardware

I love it!



Photobucket



Photobucket



What did Brittany and I do

while the guys were working in the bathroom, you ask?

We were redecorating the Nursery, of course




Photobucket



Because, one of these days (soon we hope)

Wyatt's little brother or sister will be coming

. . . . and now everything is ready for him or her :)



Photobucket



We pulled down the ugly wallboard,

painted the walls butter yellow

laid new flooring

and replaced the chandelier with a fan.

the chandelier has a new home in the dining area




Photobucket


We did a couple of other odds and ends:

new under counter microwave

and butcher block counter top


Photobucket



new screen door

(mosquitoes are ravenous in OKC)


Photobucket


everything looked so nice when we left,

I turned to take one last picture


Photobucket


but the best feeling of all

was watching Brittany and Ili get ready for Church


in their beautiful new bathroom


Photobucket




Photobucket


Thanks for letting us spend a week working in your cute home, Brit and Ili

We really enjoyed it!

We love you!

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

My word you guys are miraculous! Do you realize how much money you saved those kids?! I'm sure you do ;-)

Marci said...

AMAZING!!! I can't believe you guys did that all...especially in only 1 week!!! It looks beautiful.

K. McCarthy said...

absolutely beautiful! you Freeman's are so talented. been wanting to tile the bathroom floors since we moved into our home 3 years ago. so afraid to do it myself. it looks great. I am still loving living near Fresno, despite the heat.

Cheryl Joy said...

I am FLOORED! You guys are SO talented! The difference is amazing!!! Most people would have to pay some serious bucks and get all kinds of quotes and contractors.

If you ever feel like coming to St. Aug, I have some friends who could use your skills! They are adding an addition to their 850 sq. ft.house... which is home to their 4 person family. The studs are up, but no floors are hung or plumbing and progress is creeping... I'll have to show them the Freeman way as inspiration!

Brittany said...

Yes it is so amazing, and it looks even better in person. You forgot to mention the base boards dad put in several places, hallway improvements and garage organization. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for all of your hard work! Our house looks gorgeous and is so fun to walk around in. Hopefully next time you come we can just have a normal relaxing visit, though working together on projects is a TON of fun!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible week. I love the transformation. Beautiful job. Oh i can't wait to see that nursery filled with a brother or a sister. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Little Wyatt is one special guy with incredible parents, grandparents and such.

Love the Bathroom! You've given me some great ideas for our place! =o)

michele cabiness said...

Our bedroom bathroom looks a lot like the before pictures. I can't believe you did all of that in just one week! Amazing!

jackie herself said...

holy smokes. everything is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! great work!

Kelley said...

I am in awe of you guys! I LOVE everything♥

Lynnie said...

Beautiful! Love your talent! It's a joy to see family helping eachother and enjoying being together. I bet it is fun Brittany to walk around the house to oooh and ahhh.

Anonymous said...

I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement They’re coming back now. [url=http://vimax3-4.com]vimax[/url] vimax Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe