September 20, 2009

Break Time

Photobucket



I had to get out of my office today.



I'm telling you, if I am home, all I do is sort old photos and type...
which is necessary in order to complete my mission.


Mission Statement:


Take the bazillion photos out of boxes in the garage and place them in photo albums, using the memories they jog to blog a journal of my life, which will be bound for all posterity.



Steve was home because the repair guys came to fix the leak in our roof and subsequent hole in our kitchen ceiling,
which led to a wet floor. . . . all on that lovely day it rained.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ceiling & Floor



The LONG HOT record breaking heat is over and our weather has been scrumptious.


I asked Steve to take me for a drive . . . . . . . . with the windows down.

"Gladly,"
came the reply.

I think he was anxious to see me sit somewhere other than the office chair.


Can I just say I have the best husband in the world. Since I decided to blog/journal my life,
I have been very scarce in the cooking/cleaning/laundry/all things mother department and he never complains.
In fact, he actually said, "I think you should just plow through this thing and get it done".
Then, he made dinner. Now,THAT is a great man.


So we piled in the car. Chloe came along too; she had come home early from school because she felt sick. Not too sick for a drive, just too sick for algebra.
The Three Amigos headed off to the scenic Hill Country of Texas. . . . Fredricksburg, to be exact. We are lucky enough to live just 40 minutes from one of only two Texas listings in "1000 Places to See Before You Die".


Fredricksburg is a tasty mix of: Carmel California,
Main Street Disneyland, and Germany . . . . wearing cowboy boots.



Trouble picturing it? Let me help . . . . .




Photobucket





PhotobucketPhotobucket





Photobucket





PhotobucketPhotobucket





Photobucket





PhotobucketPhotobucket





Photobucket






PhotobucketPhotobucket




Photobucket



It was just the break I needed ;)


13 comments:

Brittany said...

Fredericksburg is a cool town. After going that first time with you guys and Grandma & Grandpa I showed it to Ili one day on our honeymoon and you described it well with Carmel/Disneyland/Germany. It definitely feels like you've stepped out of state boundaries (except for the ever-present TX flags, cowboy hats and boots).

Marci said...

Fredericksburg is a nice little surprise in the middle of Texas :-). It sounds like Chloe picked the perfect day to feel sick!

Jennifer Gibbs Kambourian said...

I remember what fun we had when I was visiting you guys and we went to Fredericksburg. That's the kind of little town I would enjoy living in.

Diane said...

Jenn! it is so nice to see YOUR pretty face when you make a comment, instead of Tiny. No offense, Tiny :)

chloe said...

hay! i would say i was just to sick for algebra, i was about to barf! and then i fell asleep...both are two very rare thing for me:)...any ways i am glad i came home early:)!

Jennifer Gibbs Kambourian said...

I've noticed that sometimes when I comment my photo comes up, and other times Tiny's face comes up...I'm not sure what I'm doing to make that happen. Oh well...I'll have to talk with Tiny about this...(-;

Chrissy said...

Love all the pictures of Fred. And your description of it :)

I'm sad I missed the road trip!

And I'm glad you're so devoted to this mission... I think it is going to really be special when you're done. Something we'll all want a copy of.

Lynnie said...

I love all the pretty pictures that you take from an artistic point of view! Someday when I come and visit you, can we go to this fun place, Fredericksburg? What a delightful day! Jenny, do you want to come too? And Jenny, that picture is so cute of you. I actually have one of me that looks very similar to yours when I was about 43. We could be sisters! O.K., now back to you Diane. Did you know that I have a bump on my nose too? I liked your picture of Minnie Mae, but I guess my bump came from someone else. I liked your "AHA " moment too. I'm picturing you in your office working away. Have Steve take some pictures of this historical-making-memory-book-blog event and share with us! You're doing a good work! Cousin Lynne

Diane said...

Miss Lynne, I would love love love to take you to Fredicksburg! We'll have a girls day out, with Jenny.

...and when at my desk, I usually wear my favorite outfit: robe, no make-up, bed hair. So you won't be seeing THAT anytime soon. One of the best things about my blog is having complete creative control and veto power :)

Lynnie said...

Please, please... I have to see a picture of your attire and hair- doo!! So priceless; plus, it might make me feel better as I see myself in my sweats, pulled-back hair, and no make-up. You see, Monday is my 'Cinderella Day', the day I do my homemaking chores. You know, ... laundry, change bed sheets, clean house, water plants. I guess I should call it my 'Cinder Day' instead, but I like the word Cinderella better.
I look forward to my future visit, to spend time with you, to see your home, and to see Texas!

Lynnie said...

Oh! Do you like "Dancing With the Stars"? It's one of our favorite shows!

Diane said...

Love it! I am watching it right now....gotta go!

Anonymous said...

It was a very relaxing drive in the Hill Country with two of my favorite ladies

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe