January 11, 2010

I never get sick

Photobucket

Though, I always knock on wood when I say it,

it's almost true.

I think I have an overactive immune system or something, because when the whole world around me is coughing, sneezing and feverish, I just don't contract it.

my family will testify to the truthfulness of it

Of course, I have been sick . . . . but in the past 15 years, hardly at all.
Maybe I have lived long enough to develop immunity to most of what's out there.

Again, knock on wood.

Somehow, going public like this, you know . . . . actually saying the words . . . .
makes me think that I will probably get desperately ill now.
Things seems to work that way.

----------------------

Steve got a cold/flu at Thanksgiving and is still coughing all night (after 6 weeks!);
the entire rest of the family had a bout with it too.

But I hung in there and didn't get sick . . . . . . . .until now . . . .

3 nights ago, I woke up with a sore throat.

I'm drinking LOTS of orange juice and water.
Last night, I took 2 ibuprofen and slept 10 hours.

So far: OK in the daytime, though not 100% . . .
sore throat, stuffy nose at night; ibuprofen does the trick . . .
doing pretty well, considering how hard it hit everyone else.


-------------------------

The other thing is . . . . when I do catch something, I get over it fast.

knock on wood


3 comments:

Kayley said...

Feel better soon! Being sick is the worst- especially when you have to go to work sick!

Chrissy said...

I'm super super stuffed up today. Going over my syllabus with all my classes as been awkward. And I keep running out of air and have to ask one of the students to read for me.

Marci said...

I just can't believe you got to sleep for 10 hours in a row! I didn't think that would ever be possible until all kids are out of the house! I hope you feel better soon :-).

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe