January 11, 2010

I never get sick

Photobucket

Though, I always knock on wood when I say it,

it's almost true.

I think I have an overactive immune system or something, because when the whole world around me is coughing, sneezing and feverish, I just don't contract it.

my family will testify to the truthfulness of it

Of course, I have been sick . . . . but in the past 15 years, hardly at all.
Maybe I have lived long enough to develop immunity to most of what's out there.

Again, knock on wood.

Somehow, going public like this, you know . . . . actually saying the words . . . .
makes me think that I will probably get desperately ill now.
Things seems to work that way.

----------------------

Steve got a cold/flu at Thanksgiving and is still coughing all night (after 6 weeks!);
the entire rest of the family had a bout with it too.

But I hung in there and didn't get sick . . . . . . . .until now . . . .

3 nights ago, I woke up with a sore throat.

I'm drinking LOTS of orange juice and water.
Last night, I took 2 ibuprofen and slept 10 hours.

So far: OK in the daytime, though not 100% . . .
sore throat, stuffy nose at night; ibuprofen does the trick . . .
doing pretty well, considering how hard it hit everyone else.


-------------------------

The other thing is . . . . when I do catch something, I get over it fast.

knock on wood


3 comments:

Kayley said...

Feel better soon! Being sick is the worst- especially when you have to go to work sick!

The Chrissy Herself said...

I'm super super stuffed up today. Going over my syllabus with all my classes as been awkward. And I keep running out of air and have to ask one of the students to read for me.

Marci said...

I just can't believe you got to sleep for 10 hours in a row! I didn't think that would ever be possible until all kids are out of the house! I hope you feel better soon :-).

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe