January 12, 2010

Last night

Photobucket

We were moving some furniture around

So we had the furniture skateboard in the house.

Chloe sat on it and hitched the dog up to pull her.

I cracked up when they went flying by.

funny girl


PhotobucketPhotobucket


she will be 13 on her next birthday and become, along with 2 year olds, my favorite age for kids.

I know, it's unusual.

In fact, I have known only one other self proclaimed teenager lover,
my old friend and Visiting Teacher, Janice Wiseman.
. . . . . an interesting aside: her son, Len, is married to Kate Beckensale.

Loving my teens didn't lead to any rich and famous in-laws, but I got some great ones.

The two main reasons I love my teenagers:

1 -They make me laugh hard

2 - They are finally old enough to carry on a relevant conversation and become my friend

One of my parent strategies was to make our house a place where teens were comfortable,
that way, they would hang out there and I would know exactly what my own teens were up to.

. . . . . and the house was crazy and fun and alive with chatter

My strategy is still paying dividends;

I grew to love those teenage friends, who are now married, with families of their own.

It is really precious to receive their Christmas cards and see their children grow up

I hope they enjoy their teenagers as much as I enjoy mine.

---------------------

Tomorrow, I'll show you the new furniture arrangement

I've got to get this mess cleaned up first.


Photobucket

4 comments:

michele cabiness said...

You make teenagers sound so fun and nice. I must admit I am a little nervous about having three of them at the same time, and all girls no less. Any tips on making your home comfortable for teens?

Cheryl Joy said...

Your house looks so warm.

Zach O. said...

that was pretty funny when she comes flying down the hall behind the dog. and on another note...probly a good thing i wasn't around as a teenager. :)

Brittany said...

Hilarious and genius what a way to get around!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe