October 21, 2009

Boogeyman



Chloe and I have this conversation every Halloween:



"Mom, I want to decorate the porch with a bloody skeleton"

"That is disgusting"

"I know. But it's perfect for Halloween."

"Perfectly gross, you mean."


"I want to make a graveyard too,
with a hand coming out of the ground."



"I'm gonna have to draw the line there.
No hands coming out of the ground."



"Why not, mom? (whining)"


"Because one of the two scary movies I've seen in my life,
Carrie,
ended with a hand coming out of the ground
and I haven't been able to get in my bed since,
without worrying about a hand grabbing my leg from under the bed."



"Pleeeeeeez ??"


"Honey,there is enough REAL scary stuff in the world,
can't we just go for cute and fun?"



"But mom, scary IS fun"


-----------------------------------------------------------



Here is our compromise

Photobucket


Photobucket


Chloe LOVES him.


He scares me to death every time I pass the porch.




2 comments:

LaRee said...

Funny compromise!...After seeing that your Lasanga recipe contains Lawry's spagetti seasoning,I will have to try it...Love Lawry's!

chloe said...

yea i love him so much i just dreaded taking a picture with him... yep! thats love right there:)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe