October 20, 2009

Lasagna & Lemon Cake Recipes



Thanks for asking,

Here are the recipes . . .




Diane's Lasagna


Boil water for 1 lb pkg lasagna pasta noodles


3/4 lb hamburger
3/4 lb Italian sausage
1 yellow onion, chopped
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 Tbsp dry basil leaves
2-3 Tbsp dry oregano leaves
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (optional. I love it, but my hubby is allergic, so I don't add it)
salt and pepper


Mix all of the above and fry in a pan. I smash it with a potato masher as it cooks to break up the meat into a small bits, rather than chunks.

add:

10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced (canned mushrooms work well too)
2 pkgs spaghetti seasoning mix (Lawry's original is best)
add the amount of water the seasoning mixes call for
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1 28oz can diced tomatoes

Simmer 20 minutes, stir occasionally


16oz cheddar cheese (I use Tillamook), grated
16oz mozzarella cheese, grated
24oz cottage cheese



-Spread some meat sauce in bottom of pan to prevent noodles from sticking
-Cover the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan with a single layer of noodles
-spread half of meat sauce over pasta
-add another layer of pasta
-spread all of cottage cheese on pasta, sprinkle half of both cheeses over it
-add another layer of pasta
-spread remaining sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top

cook at 400 for 20-30 minutes, until hot in center



Serve with:

Buttered garlic french bread, sprinkled with a few basil leaves, broiler toasted
and tossed green salad




Glazed Lemon Cake

1 pkg lemon cake mix
1 large pkg lemon jello or pudding
1/3 cup oil (in addition to what cake mix calls for)

Mix and cook cake as directed, with additional jello and oil



Glaze:

Mix 3/4 box of powdered sugar with 1/2 cup lemon juice

Let cake cool 10 minutes
-poke holes all over the top with a fork
-drizzle glaze over top


Dinner & Dessert serves about 10 people



Enjoy!



3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ili said he's not much for lasagna, we'll see if he's singing a different tune once I cook up this masterpiece!

Diane said...

Dad said the same thing....and after my lasagna, he's singing like a bird!

michele cabiness said...

Thanks! Ali and I are making this on Saturday for the missionaries....can't wait!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe