October 2, 2009

My Artwork



Considering the name of my blog,

I thought this was appropriate:



Photobucket




Here is my most recent artwork




Photobucket






Photobucket
Ella In The Window





Photobucket
Tree of Life





Photobucket
Brittany




I was a prolific artist until I got married, then, child rearing took my time and energy for several years. One day, I looked around my house and it was completely decorated with prints of other artists' work; it had been 15 years since I picked up a paintbrush.

I decided that day that I had been blessed with a love, and some talent, for art; and even if I wasn't ever going to be one of the The Great Masters, my home would rather have my work on its walls than any other artist.


I signed up for an oil painting class.

I was nervous,

wondering if I had forgotten all of my skills.




This is what I painted:

Photobucket





Next, I gave Impressionism a try;
it turned out to be more difficult than expected.

Photobucket
Michael





Photobucket
Christine Reclining







College Work

Photobucket
Still life with palette knife





Photobucket






Photobucket






High School Work:


Photobucket
Still life with palette knife





Photobucket
Madonna in pastels





PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Four Sisters in pencil






Photobucket






Photobucket
Watercolor






Photobucket
Pen and ink




Painting brings peace to my soul.

I lose track of time and hours pass like minutes.


I hope you have something like that.





15 comments:

Marci said...

You're amazing :-)!

Chrissy said...

Go ahead and add the 'still life with palette knife' to the Lemon and Artichoke picture that I already want for Christmas :-)

Also, I realized with this post that you've never been one to title your paintings... why not?

Kayley said...

you are SO talented!! I really like the one of flowers that you did in high school. I'm glad you posted your work- I loved seeing it.

Cheryl Joy said...

Yayyy!! I love love love seeing your work. You are SO talented. The painting that you did in your oil class is PERFECT, it looks like a photo!

I find that I am so much more likely to create when I am in an art class, otherwise it tends to fall by the wayside (unfortunately).

Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It is so neat to see your paintings as a collection on your blog. Yes, these paintings grace the walls of our home, but it is amazing to see them all together. You know I love your dancing lady painting, but I really love all of your pen and ink drawings of you and your sisters and John Lennon.
Keep on drawing and painting, I love it!

lolomae said...

It is nice to seeyour pictures again. I have always loved your Michael painting.

Jennifer Gibbs Kambourian said...

I LOVE seeing your work all together like this. You should post more of it on your blog. One that I'd love to see is the painting you did of the D.R. You artwork shows so many styles, and so many facets of your personality--that's why it is so fun to see it all combined in this post. I remember as a litle girl I used to just study the "Madonna" picture you did...you were so young when you did that, yet it is such a beautiful work. I hope you keep developing this talent--you are so good!

Diane said...

THANK YOU everyone for your kind remarks about my artwork. It really means a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Looking at the painting of Chrissy I remembered an event where Diane was asked to display her art. It was a Fremont Stake talent exhibit. Diane took the Chrissy picture. It had the caption "Chrissy After Stake Conference". Because that's when she had Chrissy pose for the picture. I was standing next to the painting when our stake president came by. He looked at the painting read the title then looked at me and asked, "Was stake conference that boring?" He had a great sense of humor.
This post just brightened my day! Thank You!

LaRee said...

I've always loved the portraits of you and your sisters...this post has almost made me want to get my paint brushs out!

Kelley said...

I'm in awe!

Diane said...

Ohh LaRee ... I hope you DO get your brushes out! You will be glad you did.

And Chrissy...I don't know why I haven't titled my pictures. I guess I will have to start doing that :)

Brittany said...

I also love seeing all of your work together. So talented. I love that you lose track of time while painting.

Lynnie said...

A work of art ... masterpieces ... I have viewed them several times and am in awe of your great talent. I love looking at them, and wish I had in my home an artwork by Diane! Please post more pictures! They are beautiful.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe