August 25, 2009
First day of 7th Grade
After a long summer, mothers are anxious to have their children back in school. This is when we can finally join a gym, organize photos, lunch with the girls, read, or nap. Anticipation grows for life without bored children to occupy; and no one running on the carpet with kool-aid. At long last, we can play OUR music and watch OUR television shows. As the first day approaches, moms get giddy, barely containing their excitement, like horses snorting in the starting gates, ready to gallop toward freedom.
Freedom that brings peace
I hate the first day of school. It always makes me cry.
Oh, I get over it by day two or three, but
day one is always hard.
Our babies are little for such a short time.
The first day of school forces me face to face with a fact I can usually ignore;
The plan is working,
They are growing up and preparing to stand on their own.
It is all I want for them,
But on the first day of school.........I hate it.
Years ago, Steve and I devised an antidote:
Going out to Breakfast on the First Day of School.
It really works.
and if I am still too sad to go home to the empty house
.......... then we go shopping.
- I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.
- ► 2010 (133)
- First Memory
- So Dry I'm Spittin' Cotton
- Apple Pie Apples
- Field Trip with Professor Oliverson
- Ten Dancing Cats
- Four Generations
- It Takes A Village
- California Vacation - Part Three
- California Vacation - Part Two
- California Vacation - Part One
- Ella's Special Day
- Bon Voyage
- My First Tag
- All Dogs Go To Heaven
- My Dolly
- ▼ August (18)