August 29, 2009

Apple Pie Apples

We love to go out to eat.

Lots of times, while we are sitting there, we say,

"I bet I could make this."

Steve is a Master Restaurant Recipe Copier.

I am serious. He has a degree in it. A Doctorate, I think.





Today, I decided to duplicate Apple Pie Apples

From Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory





Step One
: Refer to my ancient favorite recipe books

......and discover, I am on my own. No such recipe.


Photobucket
Yes, that is duct tape holding my beloved Betty Crocker together




Step Two:
Wash Apples

Photobucket





Step Three: Assemble Ingredients:

Caramel, White Chocolate, and Granny Smith Apples

Photobucket





Step Four: Dip Apples in melted caramel. Chill

Photobucket






Step Five:
Dip caramel apples in white chocolate

Sprinkle with sugar & cinnamon

Chill

Photobucket




Step Six: Enjoy


Photobucket


.....................Deeeeelish !

I am tellin' ya folks......I NAILED IT!!




5 comments:

Brittany said...

Yum what a good one to nail! I'll have to try this out. How long did you chill for, so I can plan enough time?

Marci said...

I want one. And I think the last time I saw the "Joy of Cooking" book it looked brand new. Wow.

Mike

Diane said...

Mission accomplished. I got a comment out of Mike. Happy day!


Brit, they chill about an hour :)

Chrissy said...

We are on our way over RIGHT NOW. :)

Zach O. said...

very much looking forward to those. they look baloosh.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetheart 34 years ago in the LDS Temple. I have 4 children (3 married, and a 14 year old) and 6 grandchildren. I lived my entire life in California, until 6 years ago. I now reside in San Antonio, Texas. The most important thing to me is my family; I have invested the most in them and it has paid great dividends. I love doing anything creative that beautifies my surroundings and I love nature. I minored in Art and majored in Interior Design at BYU, yet, my profession is a Tax Preparer.

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I

Steve and I
Pismo Beach

Our Family

Our Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Mike, Marci & Family

Brittany & Ili

Brittany & Ili

Zach & Chrissy

Zach & Chrissy

Chloe

Chloe